Let me first set the scene:
I run, on average, 12 minute miles. My 5k pace is a little faster, my half-marathon page is barely that. For some reason my body is perfectly happy chugging along at a 12 minute mile regardless of how fast I tell it to go or how far I’m planning on running.
So, dear parents, when it’s 9pm and I’ve worked a LONG day at work, I promise you it’s not funny to tell your sweet, little child to race me. I also promise that nothing will overshadow the sense of achievement your child is experiencing like me throwing a tantrum because damnit, he only had to run to the next lamppost. I had just run 3 miles!
Although I probably will hit a far faster pace running away with embarrassment…
Activity: 3.5 miles in 42:42 (average pace – 12:13 – see!)
Eats today were less than stellar:
- Vegan overnight oats made with soymilk and chia seeds – good
- Falafel and humous sandwich from Pret – passable
- Pret chocolate bar – not so good
- Cadbury’s kitkat – seriously??
- Praline almonds – they were supposed to be for my goat cheese salad later this week damnit!
- ready cooked, sliced chicken, sweetcorn, bagged lettuce and BGTY balsamic dressing – hardly inspired but at least was ready to eat in 3.7 seconds although I doubled that by taking the picture below!
- chocolate milk – it’s the best recovery drink, haven’t you heard??
I am contemplating rejoining weightwatchers tomorrow. Maybe third time is a charm…